Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I find out my ring size?

Visit your local jewellery store to determine your correct ring size

Q: What if I can’t find my original Obligation Certificate?

As long as we have your year of graduation and the Camp where you took your Obligation, we can usually find your information.

Q: My ring is the wrong size. Can I exchange it?

You may exchange your ring free of charge for a different size during a short period immediately after the Obligation ceremony. See the Office of the Dean/External Services for more details. After the exchange period, a $30 charge will apply.

Q: How do I pay for a replacement ring?

Click on the “Replace a Lost Ring” tab above, complete the online form and click on the “Proceed to Payment” button.

Q: How do I apply for the Obligation?

If you are graduating from Western with an Engineering Degree, you will automatically be added to the list and you will receive instructions from the Office of the Dean/External Services. If you are applying from outside the university, click on the tab above, “Apply to Obtain an Iron Ring”.

Q: When is the deadline to apply for the obligation?

The deadline is February 1st each year to qualify to attend the ceremony in March of that year.

Q: Where is the ceremony held?

The ceremony is held at Alumni Hall on the Western University Campus.